Fire Marshal Gives Home Heating Advice



Fire Marshal Gives Home Heating Advice
HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. — Research shows heating equipment is the leading cause of fatal house fires which has fire investigators warning individuals to be careful this winter season when heating their homes.

“The problem with space heaters is that people tend to put things too close to the space heaters and that’s where you need to get your three-foot clearance around the space heaters,” said Molly Hover, deputy fire marshal for the city of Hendersonville.

According to the National Fire Protection Association, smoke alarms should be tested monthly, you should always use the right kind of fuel for space heaters, a qualified professional cleaning and inspection company should examine your chimney once a year and you should never use your oven to heat your home.

“There’s many different ways now that we can heat our homes with. It’s just finding the best way to heat your home or house,” said Lt. Christian Miller.

Miller says a set of electrical cords almost caused a house fire, the result of pairing grounding plugs with non-grounded outlets

More Details About RedKingPix.com